Okay, Listen Here

Okay, Listen Here

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving Eve

It's that time of year again, Thanksgiving.  I am not going to bore you with all the things that I am thankful for although there are lots of them!  Instead I wanted to ask about everyone's favorite Thanksgiving traditions.  In my family we have a huge meal that I like to call Carb-O-Rama.  It's cornbread dressing, mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, sweet potato casserole, homemade rolls, English peas, corn,cranberry sauce,  broccoli casserole, green beans, pinto beans and dressed eggs.  Oh, and be sure to leave room for dessert- there will be pecan pie, sweet potato pie, chocolate cake, and banana pudding.  Lord, help us all should be the prayer!
 
Thanksgiving is probably my favorite holiday.  It's in the fall which is my favorite season.  It is usually cool enough that I can wear cuddly clothes and there is football.  Really what's not to love!  I know a lot of people think of Thanksgiving as a holiday that just marks the beginning of the Christmas season, much like football season just means basketball season is almost here in Kentucky but that is not how I feel about it.  I love Thanksgiving. 
 
My love of Thanksgiving probably comes from all the years that my mamma's family got together at my granny's.  My uncles and aunts would come home to Alabama and bring all of my cousins.  We always had great fun!  My mother's family is still more likely to gather at Thanksgiving than at Christmas.  My mother loves to prepare a meal so that everyone has their favorite dish.  Of course, at this point that means that there is too much food, but she says that is what the holidays are all about.
 
What is your favorite thing about Thanksgiving?
 
 
 



6 comments:

  1. My favorite thing about Thanksgiving is when it's over. If it weren't for getting all or most of the family together, I'd skip it. Love the family, hate the hours of work and cooking, the half hour of stuffing thyself, followed by MORE work and cleaning.

    OTOH, it IS football season :-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fact that is football season makes everything a little bit better!

      Delete
  2. Thanksgiving is the gateway to Christmas Mischief....love that! :D And I love to have family together...even better that they're old enough to contribute to the cooking! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gateway to Christmas mischief!! That's great!! You should be a writer!,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanksgiving is the gateway to Christmas Mischief! Love this, Lesia!

    Thanksgiving has always been special for us because #3's birthday usually falls on, before or after it. And when he was born, I had so much to be thankful for!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Research Solutions Pvt. Ltd. ( GRSoft ) is an IT company with no geographical boundaries and provides all that you can think of around IT including consulting, solutions, applications and outsourcing services.

    Hire Software Application Developer

    ReplyDelete