Okay, Listen Here

Okay, Listen Here

Friday, November 16, 2012

Recipe Friday Cranberry Sauce

I am late this morning. Sorry. I was also a bad wife last night and served grilled cheese and canned soup for dinner. I even made him go to the store and pick out his own soup.

But I am making marvelous book progress. I am not going to be one of those writters who lets the rest of her life go to the devil but I am still learning to make adjustments.

I might be one of those writers who has repeated a recipe from a year or two ago. I wouldn't be surprised. It's one of my favorites and keeps forever in the 'fridge. I didn't check because I think it's worth repeating.



Cranberry Jezebel Sauce


1-Cup Water
½ Cup Sugar
½ Cup packed brown sugar
12 ounces of fresh cranberries
3 Tablespoons horseradish
1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard

Combine water, sugar, and brown sugar in a saucepan and mix well.  Bring to a boil over medium heat.  Add cranberries.  Return to a boil.  Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.  Spoon into a bowl.  Let cool to room temperature.  Add horseradish and mustard.  Mix well. Cover and chill.

Serve with meat, on turkey sandwiches, or pour over Brie or cream cheese and serve with crackers.

4 comments:

  1. I wish I had some right now! I would even bring the crackers and Brie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the name of this sauce!! LOL! My mother makes homemade Cranberry Sauce but I have to admit I love the store bought jelled kind. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Stephanie...and we could be there in a jiffy, supplies in hand? Tehehe...

    Aw, but thanks for sharing the recipe. I've made Cranberry Chutney year after year, but I might have to mix it up a bit this year. This looks too yummy to pass by! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Research Solutions Pvt. Ltd. ( GRSoft ) is an IT company with no geographical boundaries and provides all that you can think of around IT including consulting, solutions, applications and outsourcing services.

    Hire Software Application Developer

    ReplyDelete