Okay, Listen Here

Okay, Listen Here

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Slow...Autumnal....Yum? Uh-huh...Yes it is!



There’s something about an autumnal Saturday morning with no place to be.  Children sleep in, coffee brews, lounging occurs…perhaps a bit of reading is done?  Or not.  And then at some point even the chill in the air prompts you to feed the masses.  But what shall you feed them?  Mmmm….Yum! of course!  And there’s nothing I know of better than the deliciousness below!  Enjoy, my friends!  It’s the best flavor I can offer up to a spectacular fall lounge-fest!  Now I know yo’ momma didn’t serve you this, chile!

Pumpkin Pancakes with Maple Pecan Syrup

Pancake Batter
2c flour
2T Brown sugar
1T baking powder
1 ¼ t pumpkin spice
1t salt
½ c pure pumpkin puree
1 large egg
2T vegetable oil

Combine dry ingredients.  In a separate bowl, combine milk, egg, pumpkin and oil.  Add the flour mixture and stir just until moistened.  The batter may be a bit lumpy.  That’s okay.  Cook as you would other pancakes.


Maple Pecan Syrup
1c maple syrup
1 ¼ c pure pumpkin puree
¼ c chopped pecans
¼ t cinnamon

Heat ingredients in a small saucepan until warm.

Lagniappe
I like the flavor that roasted pecans give to this sauce rather than just chopping raw ones in and calling them enough.  They’re not.  To me anyway.  Also, this sauce begs to be poured over other things too….like cheesecake, vanilla ice cream, waffles, or whatever you can imagine it on!  It’s Yum!  Uh-huh.  Yes it is……

By the way, you better cook up a pound or two of bacon to go with that.  It's the right thing to do.

What’s your favorite thing to do on a slow, cold, Saturday morning in fall? 

8 comments:

  1. Oh, this looks so good that I wish I had some now!

    Like you, on slow, cold Saturday mornings I love to sleep in then get up and putter around the house in my flannel pajamas.

    The biggest problem I have with cold, slow Saturday mornings in the fall is that there aren't enough of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More Saturdays....Yes! I would love that! Even better would be a Saturday morning with my Blog Sisters eating pancakes and filling the air with laughter...now that's some Fun Yum! :D

      Delete
  2. Eat pancakes in my pajamas while I read the paper and watch Game Day on ESPN. Here's the think though--I don't eat syrup on my pancakes. How weird is that?

    But I will try yours. The Guy loves anything pumpkin, so I believe I will make this the day after Thanksgiving--while we gear up for the Iron Bowl!

    Wonder how that batter would translate into waffles. HMMM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh! Do tell how it translates, Jean. I'm not much for making waffles, only because I have a pathetic machine that calls itself a waffle iron, but it fails miserably. If it were important enough I'd go get a new one, I suppose. But, eh. It's just not that high on the priority list. But I might.....for the promise of a pumpkin waffle! :D

      Delete
  3. Hey there! Thought I would drop in and say Hello! Now this sounds delish! But alas, no one in my family will eat anything with pumpkin in it so I would have to finish it off all by myself. Hmm....I don't think that would be a problem. :-D I don't get to have too many lazy Saturday mornings. Always something to get busy with. And Jean, my Hubby eats peanut butter and syrup on his pancakes. Now that's weird...but really yummy!
    Girl, you know I had to google Lagniappe cos I just knew it was some Cajun French word, and I was right! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sherry! It sounds like you might need to drop by someday for a pumpkin fix...tehehe. And I inspired you to Google? Hahaha! Love that, Cher! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Lesia, I'm not a bit pumpkin eater, especially when it comes to pumpkin pie, but I do love the smell of pumpkin cooking. Is that normal? LOL!

    LTC loves pumpkin pie and we usually makes sure he gets some at Thanksgiving. But other than pumpkin bars, I don't normally cook it.

    However, we love pancakes and waffles!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe LTC needs an Autumnal Saturday morning breakfast, then? You might find you like them, too.....it could happen...TeheHEhe... :D

      Delete