Okay, Listen Here

Okay, Listen Here

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Recipe Wednesday: Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake

At the Pink Pony Pub. Sometimes you have to just go for the atmosphere.
 Yeah. I know. Recipe day is supposed to be Friday. I could tell you that we are just trying to mix things up, but that's not true. Fact is, the revisions on Sweet Gone South are due today and Stephanie and I  are scrambling a little. Oh, the work is done,  all but the most fun part--dedications and acknowledgements. So Stephanie will be be with you Friday.
.
 I don't mind telling you  my girls are a bunch of food snobs.

Of course, they are also discerning about clothes, makeup, furniture, liquor, cars, and the grass beneath their feet. Heart Breaker Soul Shaker is an art snob.

I don't know why they took up with me.

Anyway, back to the food snobbery.

I try to accommodate them when it's my turn to produce the vittles. But, let's face it. Sometimes there is just no time for egg separating, boiling bones all night for stock, or cooking to a soft boil and beating for 8.67 minutes.

Sometimes there has to be a dump cake. I doubt they had ever had a dump cake before.

It was not my intent to tell them what was in it. Ever. But then they started clamoring for the recipe. Well, what's a philistine among the discerning to do? Face the music, that's what.

Heart Breaker,. Soul Shaker and I still do not discuss my monkey pictures.




CHOCOLATE CHERRY DUMP CAKE


2 cans of cherry pie filling (21 ounces each)
1 box of chocolate cake mix
2 sticks of butter, sliced into 12 pieces each
1 cup of chopped pecans
2 Tablespoons sugar

Preheat the over to 350.
  • Grease a 9X13 pan
  • Dump the 2 cans of cherry pie filling into the bottom of the pan.
  • Sprinkle the box of chocolate cake mix evenly on top of that.
  • Distribute the butter slices on top of the cake mix.
  • Spread the pecans evenly over the butter and cake mix.
  • Sprinkle the sugar over all.
Bake in the oven for 30-45 minutes and serve warm!
Serve vanilla ice cream is you want to. 

I don't like that. I like both my cake and my ice cream without the other.Maybe I am a separate dessert snob.

1 comment:

  1. Great picture of all of you!!! <3

    I love cherries!!! Thanks for sharing this recipe. And I like it when we switch things up a bit. ;)

    ReplyDelete