Okay, Listen Here

Okay, Listen Here

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Ever Feel Lost?

Okay, so it turns out that if you are sick enough and take enough cough medicine with codeine that you will forget what day of the week you are supposed to blog.  As our regular visitors here know for a long time I blogged on Thursday which means that I usually loaded the blog up on Wednesday night.  Recently, however, I have been filling in for Cheryl who blogs on Wednesday add that to the fact that I have been really sick and taking cough medicine and the result is a very late and missed blog.   I apologize to anyone who checked out the blog earlier today and didn't find one.
 
Since it is the week of Columbus Day I would like to talk about that a bit.  I saw several funny comments about the holiday on Face Book Monday and they got me to thinking about  how we react when we feel that we have lost or direction.  One comment that I saw was something along the lines of, "Why do we have a holiday to celebrate the fact that men are genetically incapable of asking for directions?" The other comment that I thought was really funny was about how we celebrate the holiday even though we realize that Columbus was really lost when he "discovered" America.
 

So Columbus was lost but discovered a new land.  He became famous and now has a holiday.
This made me think about how sometimes what seems like a mistake can turn out to be an opportunity.   Sometimes when it seems that all is lost it really may mean that there is a brave new world just beyond the horizon.
 
Have you ever had a time in your life when all seemed lost but it turned out that good actually worked out?  

No comments:

Post a Comment