Okay, Listen Here

Okay, Listen Here

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Crimson Romance Historical Webinar Event



In 6 days, my debut release, Duke by Day, Rogue by Night, will be available at Crimson Romance, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, ITunes, and Sony.  (Downing a large dram of rum.  Please tell me I'm not having hallucinations!)

Months have passed since I first learned Crimson Romance wanted to publish my book, but it seems like yesterday I got the offer from my savvy editor for the first book in my Nelson's Tea series.  I feel doubly blessed to be working with Jennifer Lawler and the Crimson Romance team.  They've given me a phenomenal book cover and have treated me above and beyond awesome.  (Thanks, me hearties!  Raising a friendly flag in salute.)

While I've been learning the ropes by going through edits, galleys and galley edits, I was fortunate to have been asked by Jennifer to be part of a Crimson Romance Webinar on Historical Romance.  (Hoist the colors!  There will be ondits!)

If you haven't heard, the Webinar, of which I speak, me hearties, is this afternoon, October 23, from 3-4 p.m. (Eastern). I'll be joined by two other fabulous historical authors, Robyn Corum, author of Melinda Heads West, and Elizabeth Boyce, author of Once a Duchess.  After a short presentation on historical romance by Jennifer Lawler, the three of us will be available for a Q&A about historical romance, our writing process and writing journeys.

The compass points to Crimson Romance, my friends.  Give the webinar a try, won't you?

You can join this particular Webinar by going to Crimson Romance and clicking the join button.  It's that easy!

What do you like most about historical romance?

Katherine Bone
www.katherinebone.com





10 comments:

  1. I like all the story variations. For me contemporaries just don't seem real.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ella!! Thanks for posting! There are so many historical variations, aren't there? Makes it hard to choose. I like to read across all the genres but one I haven't tried yet is the Roman period.

      There are some contemporaries I've read, that I've liked. Lynn Raye Harris writes great HQN Presents books and Annie West really writes great books!

      Delete
  2. Great and CONGRATULATIONS! I'll try and make the webinar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by today, Pat!!! And thank you for the congratulations!! If you couldn't make the Webinar today, you can find listen to it on the Crimson site, I believe.

      Blessings!

      Delete
  3. We are all so excited for you!

    I love the way historicals always seem to be set against a larger than life situation from the past!

    I read historicals across many centuries but they seem to sweep me away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stephanie!!! I really appreciate you!!!

      The one thing I like about historicals above all else is the idea that I can escape my environment and experience another one. I love being swept away to another time and place. And it's always fun to see how characters react in different cultural norms too.

      Delete
  4. I love historicals, too. I think the first one I ever read was by Johanna Lindsey years ago and then there was no going back. And it had Pirates, too! :D But it's the backdrop of another time that I love most....the fashion, the chivalry, the places and adventures.

    And like everyone else, I am so excited for you! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Johanna Lindsey is one of my ultimate favorites and I forgot to mention her name on the webinar today. Thanks for the reminder, Lesia! My favorite characters of hers are the Mallory brothers. Boy, were they hot!!

      As always I appreciate your friendship!!!

      Delete
  5. I tried to get to the webinar but time differences defeated me. Hoping to be able to download it as I love hearing about Historical romances.
    Suzi Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I'm sorry you couldn't make the webinar, Suzi. Hopefully, you'll be able to access it from the Crimson site. And since you follow me on twitter and FB, just send me a note whenever you want to talk Historical Romance, okay? ;)

      I'll share a funny story next week about my attempts to access the webinar. Geez! I can be such a ditz at times but this time it was my Internet Company's fault. Arrrrr!!!!

      Delete