Okay, Listen Here

Okay, Listen Here

Friday, March 16, 2012

Stumbling, Flawlessly Flawed....


I occasionally find myself bored to tears and end up stumbling online. I land at Stumbleupon, that is… www.stumbleupon.com . And honestly, most times it’s tickle-my-fancy-time just to get away from the demands of life at the moment.

A while back I came across this particular stumble and found it so fascinating that I emailed it to myself. I read it often, and always with amazement! See for yourself…it's all about loving someone, flaws and all. http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/1fiqXh/thoughtcatalog.com/2011/i-like-your-flaws/

What I really like about this poem is the stark reality of it. It speaks truth unrefined and tells it like it is in a very loving way. I mean, we all have foibles and stammerings of some sort or another, right? I know I do! And what better thing to hear than someone loving your own flavor of nuances?

My biggest flaw by far (at least according to my honey) can be blamed on my shapely figure. See, I can’t be trusted to go to dinner without spilling something right there. You know where. It’s like there’s a food magnet imbedded in my body that attracts every sort of sauce or topping. Sigh. Tide To Go was developed just for me, I’m certain!

Want another? I have absolutely no preference whatsoever as to what end of a package I open. It drives my honey insane! It matters nothing to me that one end might have that fancy little hookey thing cut into the cardboard or not. I just want the darn thing open. So if it’s upside down, what do I care? I knew it was graham crackers before I opened it and I’ll know it the next time I grab the box too, upside down or not.

We’re on a roll now. I also have hair that has a mind of its own. Maybe Sunshine (my hairstylist…no, really…her name is Sunshine) thinks it should do something to her liking, but I assure you, once I’ve left her chair and slept on that hair, it will never again do whatever she envisioned it to do. And Yes, I may have a tuft or two burnt off if I use that ridiculous hair straightener. Why do I need that contraption anyway? My hair is so strait it laughs at me when I curl it! And all of these reasons are why I still wear my hair pretty much the same way I did in high school. It’s so sad. But true, drats!

And oh boy! Can I ever stick my foot in my mouth. I’m really, REALLY good at it! No. Let’s don’t put it to the test right now, okay? It’s usually a result of being caught off guard. See, I can clam up instantaneously if you catch me unawares. I wish you could see what’s really going on inside my brain. Talk about stumbling! It comes to a stop and does this variation on the backstroke no swimmer could ever attempt. Then it fumbles around like a fish out of water, wondering in total panic, what the hell should I do now? I don’t have the plans for this conversation! Help, I scream inside!

So, flaws. Yes, I have them. Many more than I could mention. And I suppose my favorite is the smattering of freckles over the bridge of my nose. Why do I like them? Because big sister Dr M. used to lure me to sleep by counting them while we floated in the air on Uncle M’s porch swing. How can you not love a flaw like that?

So, are you flawed too? Do you drive your family and friends batty with the silly things you do? Do you carry a spare blouse in your bag or convince yourself that floral camouflage is in fashion? How do you stumble when you stumble?

10 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, flaws, I have a lot of them. The one that drives my family crazy is my mouth. I tend to say what I think before I stop to think. Honesty is not always the best policy. And let's not even discuss my hair - straight as a board and I want curls. LOL The grass is always greener...

    Great post Leisha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl! And I love your honesty....you often make me homesick for Sister. She's a bit like you, but she has the only curly hair in my family. Brat!

      Delete
  2. Flaws? Oh, I'm fabulously flawed. You're not alone.

    Mom used to say, you could dress me up but not take me out. I would be a mess in two shakes of lamb's tail.

    I'm a klutz. And I panic. I forget things, especially if I've put them in a safe place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! We are kindred souls! (Psst! Do you have any Tide To Go handy...? lol)

      Delete
  3. I am also a klutz! I bump into things, fall down and drop things on me. I just have resigned myself to the fact that I am clumsy.

    Kathy had given me more than one Tide pen during our friendship and I have treasured them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well make a note, Stephanie....I carry them everywhere I go. And if you catch me without one, well then, you know I've been actively messy! ;)

      Delete
  4. Sorry I have been silent for a few days. My close friend's mother died and I have been with her.

    No, I am not flawed. I sometimes pretend to be to keep those around me from feeling bad. If there is tomato sauce on my clothes, I intended it. If I screw the top off a spice that really should flip open to reveal the shaker, it's because I wanted 1/4 cup of cinnamon on my oatmeal.

    I am a study in perfection. Oh, yeah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! You ARE perfection, Jean! And I love it! :D

      I'm very sorry about your loss, by the way. And I think I speak for all of us when I say, you have been missed. ((Hugs))

      Delete