Okay, Listen Here

Okay, Listen Here

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Spring is Springing

  This time of year the weather in the South is unpredictable. Yesterday at church I saw a girl in a pretty summer dress that was all covered up with a polar fleece jacket. This ensemble sums up the clothing situation in Spring in the South. Every night finds me in the closet looking at my clothes trying to decide what the weather will be like the next day. I know that some of you in other parts of the country are thinking, "Why doesn't she just watch the local weather to see what the temperature will be?" Well, let me tell you that system doesn't work here in Alabama. The meteorologists can predict, they can guess, they hope to be accurate but they will never actually be right on 3 out of 4 days.

Weather in Alabama is notoriously unpredictable. In fact, a common saying is that if you don't like the weather here just stick around about 10 minutes because it is about to change! I often start off wearing a cardigan, wool socks and athletic shoes and end the day wearing capris and flip flops.  I am very excited about our day or so of Spring and the advent of Summer.  I love flip flops and pedicured toes.  I love riding with the windows down and feeling my wind blowing through my hair.  I know this surprises many of you who know my dislike of outside air but there is just something about the first warm air of Spring that excites me with the possibilities of summer.

I am going to in just a couple of weeks my school will have Spring Break.  I am going to get a pedicure and have my hair done some summer like color.  This is how I celebrate that summer is once again on the way.

What rituals do you have to celebrate the start of spring and the hope that summer is once again finally on the way?

6 comments:

  1. Don't laugh - I start looking for four-leaf clovers. So far this year I have six. Just some silly quirk I have when the clover starts coming up. I also can't figure out what to wear. I start the day in a sweatshirt and end it in shorts and a t-shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same blog as you did on the same day last year. How original.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A,
      thanks so much for stopping by the blog today. I really appreciate the careful attention you are paying to my writing!

      Delete
  3. Oh! I want to throw the windows open and free my house from all that stale winter air! Spring cleaning doesn't seem to play as big a role in my life because I've been stuck inside doing just that since Christmas!

    I also schedule in a pedicure, go shoe shopping, and drive (very fast) with the windows down and music playing for all the world to hear! Spring is FuN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, shoe shopping is an excellent way to welcome spring. I am also a fan of loud music and fast driving!

      Delete