Okay, Listen Here

Okay, Listen Here

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Finding the Positive

Last week, I wrote about changes. There are so many changes going on in my life. Many of them are introspective, a lot of them are physical.

Change helps us deal with the world around us. If we do not change, adjust, we will not survive. It's typically called evolution, but we all know what it is... change. We can fight it. We can deny it. But it will always come.

How we look at the world around us is the most important thing there is. A good attitude gets us through the hardest trials, the loneliest nights, the horrors we might face. A positive attitude helps us live long, healthy lives.

'Positive' thinking is key here.

How do we change our outlook from glass half-empty to glass half-full? By surrounding ourselves with positive things, positive people, positive media, etc...

I've been growing to love Twitter. I've made lots of friends, especially ones I've met through the New Voices 2011 contest. These wonderful new friends are spread across the world in Scotland, England, Mississippi and Maryland. We each have a common goal, finding readers for our stories. Twitter has allowed us to correspond, no matter what time of day it is. Twitter helped me reach out and set a deadline with a Twitter buddy for entering the New Voices 2011 contest.

Chatting via Twitter, I have learned, helps build better lives day by day. My outlook has certainly improved. I'm sure that's a byproduct of my time on Twitter and the rejuvenating affects of life after surgery.

There is nothing like getting a boost to your self-esteem when you are full of doubt. Friends uplift. Friends don't break down. And the changes that are being made on a daily basis on Facebook and Twitter keep society on a constantly changing learning curve. This immediate information, confirmation, affirmation, helps us with the social changes going on around us and helps us network through the problems going on in our daily lives. It can also help boost our ambitions as in the 1Hr1K drills that go on frequently on Twitter.

Let's face it. People 100 years ago didn't have access to the information we have now at a click of our fingertips. We are a global race. And via that global sphere, we can seek out and gain encouragement in the zaniest and far-out places.

Online media can absorb a lot of your time. But if you channel into the right resources, you will find it can also be a boon to your life.

Here's a few of the great things I channel into every day via Twitter.

PhilosophersSay

With regard to excellence, it is not enough to know, but we must try to have and use it. - Aristotle

We only know of one duty, and that is to love. ~Albert Camus

He who learns but does not think, is lost! He who thinks but does not learn is in great danger. ~Confucius


2thank

Give your thoughts a chance and let them create ideas and visions that deserve to live.

An optimistic attitude is half of success.

We can use the web or any online access to encourage and uplift. We can choose to change for the better by helping those around us achieve their goals. What goes around, comes around. Pour yourself a glass half-full and watch it begin to overflow. Participate in something today that will truly enrich your life.

I'm happy with the changes I'm making in my life. I'm writing in a new genre I never thought I'd write. I've entered a contest. I'm going to a great fall conference this weekend. There are many things to take delight in and I'm truly grateful for the positive things in my life. They may not seem like they are always there, but if I look for them, they materialize in the zaniest places.

The key is I look!

What are ways you like to gain confidence and encouragement via an ever-changing web media?

No comments:

Post a Comment