Okay, Listen Here

Okay, Listen Here

Friday, August 10, 2012

Recipe Friday: It's Not Just for Salad Ranch

We eat a lot of Ranch dressing at my house. Apart for breakfast, The Guy wants a salad every meal. Plus, we dip stuff in it--chips, raw veggies, our fingers. I have been making this for all my married life. I use fat free buttermilk and reduced fat mayonnaise, but feel free to do what you've got to do to make yourself happy. The dry mixtures keeps for a long time. That's why I make a lot.



Ranch Dressing Mix

  • ½ Cup plus 1 Tablespoons salt
  • 4 Tablespoons MSG
  • 4 Tablespoons dried parsley
  • 2 Tablespoons garlic powder
  • 2 Tablespoons pepper
  • 1 Tablespoon onion powder

Mix and store dry mixture in an airtight container.

For dressing: Mix a heaping Tablespoon of mix with one cup of mayonnaise and one cup of buttermilk. Stir well and refrigerate 24 hours before using. Stir before serving.

Store dry mix in a tightly sealed container. 

This will make 12 quarts.

3 comments:

  1. Yum!!! I had been asking Jean for this recipe. It is the BEST ranch dressing I have ever had!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay. I confess to breaking with cultural food allegiances. I do not like Ranch Dressing. I know my momma would roll over in her grave if she heard me admit that...she loved her some Ranch! But I just don't like it. Ever. Not even with hot wings. I think this is the same recipe she loved, too. Y'all enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's nothing better than homemade Ranch dressing. I've got a great homemade French dressing that my mother made while I was growing up. Every time I eat it, I remember. Good times!

    But for veggies and chips, I adore Ranch dressing! Thanks for the recipe. I'm going to have to whip this up!

    ReplyDelete