Okay, Listen Here

Okay, Listen Here

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Misplaced Super Powers Wreak Havoc


Tuesday started off with me oversleeping simply because I kept hitting the snooze button.  That’s not my usual moO!  I should’ve known from the start that the day was going a bit haywire.  Oblivious, I decided that along with the Taxi Momma agenda needed to be the Tiara on my head to make the day spectacular.  Well, good intentions and all that!  Buggars.  I was paving the road to hell before the day even got started.  
 
Veezer and I left off for the dentist at eight only to find out that she has two cavities and the need for braces.  Wha…?  They told me that wasn’t in the forecast!  Okay.  Okay. I can wrap my head around this, I say as V stares out the front window of the minivan in shock.  So then off we go to see the Pediatrician for the shot she had to have before they’d let her back into school.  Well, she needed three.  So sad.  Then back to the dentist for Clair’s results and a teeth cleaning for moi. Oh how I love that feeling of freshly cleaned teeth!  But oh my goodness.  Clair needs her wisdom teeth removed, asap.  And she leaves for college in less than a week.  Okay.  Okay.  I can so do this, right?  Wait.  No breaks until Christmas?  Moo.

So we make it home and transition into other things for the afternoon.  I reinjured a ligament in my hip over the weekend so ice was in order for me, and a good book to read.  So I curled up with my favorite author only to fall asleep because, sadly, the book was not holding my attention.   

Upon waking up, I check my email and such.  Chali2Na comes along to say hello in his little meow-speak only to have the shelf fall just as he was getting comfy.  So off he shot through the house like bullets were flying after him.  Poor thing.  Even the cat was getting stampeded for the day.  I go to check on the little guy and think, ”Hmm….it’s awfully hot in here”.  Checking the thermostat proved that yes it was hot.  The display read eighty-five degrees while the setting was for seventy-four.  And that’s when I found that the air conditioning unit was frozen.  Solid.  Up go the windows all around the house.  Whew!

Now then, heading back to the office, I no sooner sit down when I hear a noise.  It’s a gurgling noise, like maybe Veezer is rapping a new tune?  No.  Not the V.  It’s the toilet.  And it’s gurgling and spitting water out of the tank down the wall behind it.  Lovely.  At this point is when it dawns on me.  It’s Tuesday.  Tuesdays I wear the Super Hero Suit designed by The Incredibles’ world renowned Edna, not the Tiara.  Dangit!  

And then as I turn on the light switch, the should've-been-tightened-socket-on-the-fixture  spews out flashes of light and sparks of fire, dealing me a blow that would make any country girl leap for safety, barbed-wire be damned!  And that’s when I reinjured the hip ligament for the 3rd time now, and ended up back on ice.  I ordered myself a stiff one.  And then I remembered, he’s still out there.  The snake.  Sigh.  My Tiara needs more power.   

Am I the only one with crazy-power-days?  How do you recharge your Tiara?  Does spandex really make you look five pounds lighter?

4 comments:

  1. Gah! What a terrible time you've been having! Hugs for the hurt ligament!!!!

    Tiaras to superpowers. Cavities to braces. AC to leaks. You need an intervention, poor dear. :(

    Hang in there! I hope you were able to get the AC and the leak fixed ASAP. Get cozy and nap, if you need to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All is back to normal, thank heavens above! But I do believe that first day back to school is going to be a mental health day for me! lol Only three more days....whoopee!

      Delete
  2. Eeek! What a day! Spandex only works on those who don't need it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eek, indeedy! Sadly there were no hunky firemen to come to the rescue, either. But then again, I'm very thankful I didn't need the fireman, only the electrician in the house. And he did a good job fixin things right up...even the martini! :D

      Delete