Okay, Listen Here

Okay, Listen Here

Friday, July 8, 2011

Recipe Friday--Sun-Dried Tomato Pate

If you need a party dish that you can put together in nothing flat, this is for you. In spite of the name, there is no liver in it. I wouldn't make it if there was. I hate liver almost as much as I hate sour cream.
The hardest thing about this recipe is locating the sun-dried tomatoes in the store. I swear, they move them around. Sometimes they're with the raw tomatoes, sometimes the canned tomatoes, sometimes the Italian ingredients. But it's worth it, even if you have to look all three places.

It tastes like pizza and keeps for weeks in the fridge.


Sun-Dried Tomato Pate

  • ½ cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
  • 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • ¼ cup butter, softened
  • ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 clove garlic
  • ¼ t. dried oregano
  • ¼ t. dried basil
  • ½ t. dried thyme
  • ½ t. salt

Put everything in the food processor and process until smooth and blended. Chill for at least 4 hours to allow flavors to blend. Let soften before serving with crackers.

Note: If you buy sun-dried tomatoes with herbs, omit the oregano, basil, and thyme. After blending, taste and correct the seasonings. You may need to add none or all of the herbs called for, depending on the brand of tomatoes. .

6 comments:

  1. I wish I could cook like you Jean. This sounds fantastic! I am with you on the liver and sour cream. Yek! Thanks for posting this. I intend to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so good! I'll definitely give it a try. They sell HUGE jars of sun dried tomatoes at costco. :-) -- LJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for helping Stephanie out, Jean! ;)

    This sounds like a fabulous recipe. What would you serve it with?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheryl--This isn't really cooking. It's mixing and faking--two of my favorite things.

    LJ--I bet you know just where those jar are too!

    Kathy--I guess I should have said. Polite people spread it on crackers. Other people eat it on a spoon while standing with the refrigerator door open. Take your pick.

    If you are the polite sort, pick a plain cracker like a water cracker or original Triscuits. There's lots of strong flavor and a seasoned cracker is not a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is always so good. I wish I had some right now, especially if you made it for me!

    Another thing about this that Jean didn't mention is that most men really like this too. Probably because it taste like pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah! This makes things ever so clearer. Sounds delish!!

    ReplyDelete