It's Thursday, so this must be Stephanie. Except it's not. Jean here. Stephanie is having a computer issue and will be with you on Monday. Probably.
Everybody is blogging about New York. I would but I can't Not really. I haven't really been to New York. Oh, I got on a plane, landed at LaGuardia and made my way to the Marriott in Times Square. But I went to the RWA Conference and saw very little of the city. No Statue of Liberty. No Empire State Building. No museums. I only saw Times Square because that's where I was living.
Apart from walking around some and eating, I went to workshops, meet and greets, and Stephanie and I pitched our manuscripts.
Still, I learned a few things about New York.
- Diet Mountain Dew is hard to come by.
- We couldn't find any Jets or Bills hats because it's not football season.
- If they can dress something up as the Statue of Liberty, they will—M&M man, Sponge Bob, Mickey Mouse. Well, maybe not Mickey Mouse.
- Hot tea? Yes. Coffee? Absolutely. Iced tea? Not so much.
- The pizza really is better.
- McDonald's doesn't have biscuits.
- It's not as easy to find Indian food as you might expect.
- Everybody seemed to have a good idea where they were going, except us.
- I am very glad I can't get black and white cookies where I live.
Have you ever been somewhere and felt like you haven't been there?