Okay, Listen Here

Okay, Listen Here

Friday, July 15, 2011

Recipe Friday--Hot Mushroom Dip


It's official. I have completely lost it. I didn't know today was going to be Friday. I knew yesterday was Thursday. I guess I thought some elusive day, meant to help me catch up, had been invented and was going to be inserted between Thursday and Recipe Friday. So I'm late.

This is a great party dish. It's so easy and there is never any left. Apparently, that's the kind I need these days.

Hot Mushroom Dip

  • 1 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped fine (I use baby bellas)
  • 2 Tablespoons butter
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Saute mushrooms in butter until tender and the liquid evaporates. Add cheese and mayonnaise. Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.

If you mix it up ahead and bake right from the refrigerator, it will take 5-10 longer.

I've been known to add a little sherry.


2 comments:

  1. Ok--I want to make that dip. Wonder how many Weight Watchers points it is :-) Can you use a lighter version of mayo?

    ReplyDelete