Summertime presents us with things to do or enjoy that are particular to the season. I tend to appreciate the snow much more than the heat of summer myself. But I do have a few things I like to enjoy that are only available during the warm season. So without further adieu…….
My Summer Ten Favorites
10. Drive In Movies or Movies on the Lawn (Dr M got me hooked when I
was four years old.)
9. Swimming (At the beach makes it even better!)
8. Frozen Margaritas and Sister’s Spicy Black Bean Salsa (It just doesn’t
taste right in the Winter.)
7. Going Barefoot (In St. Augustine Grass is the best!
Ing (my pedicurist) has a come-to-Jesus with me every time I see
her. Well! : /)
6. Serenading the Cows (MooOOOoooo!) Well, this is an all-time
favorite. Y’all know that! : D
5. Cooking Out on the Grill…Yum! (I love to put apple wood in my grill
for that little somethin' extra, too!)
fruits and veggies from the garden)
3. Fireflies or Lightning Bugs (Another
joy from my childhood I’m thankful
to give to my own kids.)
2. Sleeping in (No school bus pickup
at 6:25am! YiPpEe!!!)
And the #1 Summer Ten Favorite is…
AIR CONDITIONING!!! (Well! It’s the South, people! It’s HOT!!!)
So, do you love or hate summertime? What are your favorite things about the season?