However, when Baby Girl was pregnant with Little Baby Girl, I did fear raw egg on their behalf. I may not fear, but I am not totally reckless. Baby Girl wanted a lemon pie for Easter. I doubt she even knew it had eggs--raw or otherwise. Sure, I could have made lemon meringue, with the cooked translucent filling, but I knew that wasn't what she wanted. I happened on this recipe, and it is wonderful. You don't even miss the raw egg yolks.And has an easier pie ever been invented?
Lemon Icebox Pie
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 (14-ounce) can condensed milk
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust
- Whipped topping for homemade whipped cream
Combine the cream cheese, milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla in a large bowl. Mix on medium speed until smooth. Pour into the pie crust. Refrigerate overnight.Top with cream.
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar or 1/3 cup white sugar, for less sweet crust
- Mix ingredients together.
- Press onto bottom and up sides of pan until desired size.
- Bake silver pan at 350F for 8-10 minutes, or dark pan at 300F for 8-10 minutes.