Okay, Listen Here

Okay, Listen Here

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Sara and Staci Are Visiting

When Jean and I went to the RWA National Conference in Orlando a few years ago we met another writing duo. It was so exciting to talk with someone else who understood the creative process of working together.
The Fantastic Writing Duo
Sara and Staci


They have a new book out and you can read the first two chapters at their publisher's website. We are delighted to welcome them here to the blog.  Please, join us as we visit with Sara Daily and Staci Weber!

About Pack of Lies by
Sara Dailey and Staci Weber:

Seventeen-year-old Allison Wright is becoming a werewolf; she just doesn’t know it. When her mood-swings, erratic behavior, and uncontrollable temper gets out of hand, her mother finally comes clean and admits her deep-dark secret. Allison’s mom is a werewolf, and it won’t be long before Allison and her brother Aiden will suffer the same fate. When Allison reaches her breaking point, the family packs up their life in Texas and moves to Red Ridge, New Mexico, back to the werewolf pack that Allison’s mother left behind almost 20 years ago. The last thing Allison ever expected when she arrived at the Estate was to come muzzle to muzzle with the wolf of her dreams.

Cade Walker is next in line to be the alpha of the Red Ridge pack. He’s been groomed to be a leader, and it won’t be long before he takes his father’s place. With his life carefully laid out, his mate already chosen, and his bright future awaiting him, what could possibly go wrong? But when a beautiful blonde he can’t resist joins the pack, his perfectly planned future gets turned up-side down.

Nothing will stand in the way of Kendall Stuart getting what she wants. She is already well on her way to becoming the next alpha’s mate, and finally, she will rule the pack by Cade’s side. But when her position in the pack is threatened, Kendall is willing to do anything to get her way, even if that means teaming up with a rogue werewolf with an agenda of his own. When these two join forces, all hell breaks loose, and no one in the pack is safe, especially not Cade and his true mate.

Here's a short excerpt:

“I picked up on a scent that stopped all thought, all movement, leaving me standing completely still, breathing in a smell that I would never forget. A mix of earth, and musk, and honeysuckle, and sandalwood filled my senses leaving me with a need, a need to find this thing that was suddenly making me salivate, suddenly making me ache with desperation.

Without hesitation, my nose hit the ground as I began to track the enticing smell. I didn’t look up. I didn’t stop moving. I didn’t stop to think about what I might find. None of it mattered. I needed to find the source of that wonderful scent.

In the near distance, I heard a rustling in the brush, which ceased the mission that had held me spellbound. I stopped dead in my tracks and looked around, spooked by what I might find, but what I saw was the last thing I expected.

Peering out from behind a tall oak, a wolf was watching me. We just stood still, staring at each other, neither of us moving a muscle. His amazing green eyes were in sharp contrast to his deep, dark fur. He was a much bigger wolf than me, strong and lean, and the glint in his eyes told me that he was no ordinary wolf.”

Our info:

http://saraandstaci.com/

http://saraandstaci.blogspot.com/

“Like” us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dailey-and-Staci-Weber/102330932229

Follow us on Twitter - https://twitter.com/#!/srdailey80 and https://twitter.com/#!/WeberStaci

Publisher’s website - http://boroughspublishinggroup.com/







14 comments:

  1. Welcome Sara and Staci! So glad to have you join us here under the Tulip tree! Your new book sounds fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cheryl for having us :)And thanks to Stephanie and Jean too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Welcome to you both!

    I loved reading about your new book...can't wait to get my hands on it now. Glad to see it's on amazon.com too...and only $3.99 [Kindle edition]...Wow! Thanks for sharing!

    A shopping I must go ♫♪ A shopping I must go ♫♪ Hi! Ho! The merry-o ♫♪ A shopping I must go! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read this book--and it is fabulous! I don't usually read YA but this one caught my eye and I enjoyed every page. Very well written!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds great doesn't it. Thanks so much for the recommendation!

      Delete
  5. Thanks Anonymous! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. And Lesia, I hope you like it too. If y'all don't mind, "like" it Amazon. Every little bit helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sara and Staci,

    So great to see you here. I am headed to Amazon to like you--because I do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, thanks Jean. Staci and I are so bummed that you and Stephanie aren't going to nationals this year! But hopefully we will get to meet up again at the next one. Hope you are doing well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will certainly look forward to catching up with you both next year!!

      Delete
  8. Hi Sara and Staci!! (waving)

    I'm one of the lucky ones that got to meet you at RWA in Orlando and sat with you at the Rita ceremony. So good to hear that your book is out. Must away to purchase immediately!

    Hmmmm... muzzle to muzzle, eh? Me like!

    Sara and Staci, has your writing process changed much from a few years ago? What have you learned about each other since your books have been published that you wished you'd known before you got the Call?

    Salute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many thanks to Sara and Staci for visiting with us today.

    I can't wait to read this newest book!

    ReplyDelete