Okay, Listen Here

Okay, Listen Here

Friday, May 25, 2012

Recipe Friday--Cornflake Cookies

I used to pride myself on never buying cookies. Oh, we had cookies. But I baked them. From scratch, what with the creaming of the butter and sugar, etc., etc., etc.  Well. That ship has sailed. Now, I have a secondary character who doesn't buy cookies. That's good enough for me.

However, Blaze author Rhonda Nelson gave me a recipe that takes less time to make than it takes to go to the store. Plus, you don't have to turn on the oven--always good in hot weather. Plus, there's no chocolate. That might not be a plus for you, but it is for me. I'll take peanut butter over chocolate any day.


Cornflake Cookies

1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup
3/4 cup peanut butter
3 cups cornflakes

Mix sugar and corn syrup in large pot and bring to a once over boil, then take off the heat and quickly stir in the peanut butter and cornflakes. Drop by large spoonfuls onto waxed paper. Yummy.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! My Honey loves peanut butter cookies so I'll try these out for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An so healthy, what with not white flower. Yeah. I just keep telling myself that.

      Delete
    2. Well....they do have protein, right? Hahaha.....

      Delete