I have a list of things I don't do that some people find odd. Don't worry. I am not going to hold forth on deep philosophical or moral issues like cheating on one's spouse or bad mouthing one's country. That's another blog. (But not mine.) Sometimes, for the sake of someone I love or to employ good manners I have to break one of these rules. But. given the choice, I do not:
- Eat from a buffet. It's nasty.
- Pump gas. I've earned it. I cook dinner.
- Listen to recorded phone calls. Even from my dentist's office. I love my dentist and everyone in his office, but I hang up on my recorded appointment reminders for two reasons. 1. I am an adult with a calendar. I write down my appointments and I don't need reminding. 2. If they feel compelled to remind me of my appointment, they need to send in a real person. Which they do. Because I don't do whatever is required at the end of the message to let them know I got it. I don't even know what it is. I've never gotten that far.
- Go in a hot tub. I can think of no reason to boil myself in someone elses people juice.
- Go to get my hair done without washing it first. Probably stupid but I wouldn't go to the doctor without bathing or the dentist without brushing my teeth. I can't think Billy wants to put his hands in my dirty hair.
- Wear the same pajamas two nights in a row. Yes, I know it's crazy. Yes, I know it creates laundry. But I am the one doing the laundry, so it's not bothering anybody but me. The exception to this is when I am on a long trip. It's hard on me.
- Go barefoot, even in the house, even in the middle of the night. I have white terrycloth slippers that are easy to slip on and easy to see in the dark, so my feet never have to touch the floor.
What are things you refuse to do?