Okay, Listen Here

Okay, Listen Here

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A Little Somethin’ Somethin’


Katherine Bone is off enjoying sun and sand so I’m stepping in for her today.  No worries though.  I’m still blogging on Thursday and Katherine will be back with her pirate-y fun, very soon!

I spent Saturday morning cleaning up the front porch and finally getting around to planting some flowers to sweeten up the entrance; Begonias, Sweet Potato Vines, Lavender, and a pot of Lantana.  It smells lovely!  But I don’t think I would’ve spent the time this year had it not been for the Mother’s Day gift of the begonias from one of my favorite library patrons.  A-man is 10, and he and his momma took to me like bees to honey the first time we laid eyes on each other several years back.  I don’t know why or how, but that boy and I are in tune, made from the same somethin’ somethin’ like there’s a direct line from heart to heart.  We get each other.  So this pot of begonias, I asked, “why these flowers?”  And without a beat (because I knew there was a reason) he came back with “because they match your new office!”  And he grinned that beautiful smile only he has. 
   
There’s nothing more wonderful than having a friend that comprehends your heart.  I’ve been nailed to my computer all spring working, working, working and A-man saw that I needed an office getaway.  He could’ve given me flowers that wilted away and died.  But no.  He knew I’d want to plant them and nurture them all summer long.  He probably even knew I’d rush out to buy some other plants to sidle up to the pretty flowers and make a grand display of the heart he gave me.  And I did, of course!  And he knew I’d enjoy it, too. 
 
I know lots of people, have many friends, good friends.  But there’s something different about that friend that gets you and encourages you on, even when you don’t know you need it.  And often they come from the most unlikely people.  For me it’s a young child and his mother.  How amazing that our paths should cross in life for that connection to take place!  What are the odds?

So I wonder, does everyone have someone like this in their world?  Are there people in your life that get you like no other?  Does it amaze you and fascinate you the things they do with/for you that no one else perceives?

12 comments:

  1. It should come as no surprise that Jean and I connected like that. Right away we "got" each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie, I thought of you both when I was writing this. That somethin' special shines through the two of you every time I see you! And it's a beautiful thing! <3

      Delete
  2. Yes, I have a friend like that! Even though she is miles away, she is always in my heart and thoughts. We met as adults but you would have thought we had always known each other. I can call or text her anytime and she will pick me up. It is a true, tender friendship! Thanks for being there for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I have another friend that's like this, too. It's Momma B. And like you, we met as adults. She's miles away, we differ in age by 20 years or so, but it doesn't matter one bit. The connection is just as if we're right next to each other. Like you said....a true, tender friendship.

      Thanks for sharing! <3

      Delete
  3. Lovely story, Lesia! My hubby is the guy who gets me. He does a real good job with my special brand of crazy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynn! And I can imagine you get "his special kind of crazy", too! It surely makes for a lot of laughter and fun in life, doesn't it? And heart sighs...that's always fun when someone gets you before you knew you needed it and they make you heart sigh. Fun stuff life's made of! <3

      Delete
  4. I am so blessed in the friend department. I once described my friendship with Stephanie as a "finish each others sentences, borrow a pair of panties, swap shoes on the street" kind of relationship.

    And I have many, many other blessing--some older than dirt some newer and no less precious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a blessed woman indeed, Jean. You and Stephanie shine, as do your other friends, I'm sure. <3

      Delete
    2. Well here we are, special friendships! Rare friendships that last and I have a few of those that are just as you speak of!
      Friendships that when you think of them, you just think love! The understanding of such friendships run very deep and unconditional! They not only see you, but hear what you say, wow, so rare to have listening ears, male or female!
      The cool thing too is that you don't always have to be "up" and "smiling" to be acceptable.
      Getting another person is looking past all the the "stuff" and coming out seeing "gems"! I am thankful for that from my Lesia and yes, I am willing to share her, she is too precious to keep to mysef!
      May more of the world "get you" Lesia because if they do, their lives will be much fuller! Love to my special friend! <3 Mamma B

      Delete
    3. Aww! Momma B you are the Best! And you're so right...we don't have to be "up" and "smiling" to be accepted...gems we are! I'm thankful for you too...love you BIG!

      And that, folks, is my dear friend Momma B...she rocks the house! <3

      Delete
  5. I think my best friend would be my sister. We sound alike, kind of look alike and we definitely think alike (sometimes inappropriately about what we think is funny). She can anticipate what I am thinking or am going to do - usually with a warning not to do it. LOL I can also do the same, but I am more right than her most of the time. (G)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl, I would have to agree that sisters can be on the same plane, and often in a different universe from everyone else! lol Sister and I are like that too, but we tend to give each other a wide berth in life else we get too bossy with each other. :D

      Delete