Okay, Listen Here

Okay, Listen Here

Friday, December 16, 2011

Recipe Friday--Bacon Tomato Cups


In spite of the graphic, this is recipe Friday. In view of my rant earlier in the week, I thought I'd let y'all know I've found a picture--if not a nativity set--I can live with. Sure, they look a little goofy, but they had had a really, really long day. Some occasions call for a little goofiness. I think this would be one.

Enough.

The subject today is Christmas breakfast. I want something a little special, but that doesn't take a lot of time to prepare and isn't too filling. (After all, there's turkey, standing rib roast, or ham coming.) This fills the bill for me.


Bacon Tomato Cups

  • 8 slices bacon, crisply cooked
  • 1 medium tomato
  • 1/2 small onion
  • 3 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 - 10 ounce can refrigerated flaky biscuits (the kind that have the layers to separate)


Preheat oven 375° F. Chop bacon, tomato, and onion. Mix with the bacon, cheese, and mayonnaise. Separate each biscuit into 3 layers. Spritz muffin pans and fit biscuit layers in the cups. Fill cups with bacon mixture.

Bake 10-12 minutes until golden.


What are you having for Christmas breakfast?

1 comment:

  1. That sounds awesome!! We are very very very boring for Christmas morning. It arrives WAY TO EARLY. I pop Pilsbury and make cinnamon buns and biscuits while I wait for coffee to wake me. But dinner is always fun!!

    Have a very wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete