Okay, Listen Here

Okay, Listen Here

Friday, July 20, 2012

Recipe Friday: Lemon Meltaways

I have never made these but I am gonna. I don't usually put up a recipe that I haven't made, but if I do I always tell you. However, I can recommend them. Highly. I ate these when I went to Dr. Great Smile's house last week for book club. Baby Great Smile made them.

We are going to miss her when she goes to Ole Miss in the in fall.


Lemon Meltaways
Yields about 15 sandwich cookies

Ingredients
  •        1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
  •        1/4 teaspoon salt
  •        1/2 cup confectioners sugar
  •        1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  •        1/2 cup cornstarch
  •        1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  •        zest of one lemon
Filling
  •        1 cup confectioners sugar
  •        1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
  •        juice of one lemon
Directions
Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
In a large bowl cream the butter, salt and sugar until light and fluffy on medium speed for 3 minutes. Reduce the speed to low and add the vanilla and lemon zest, scraping down the sides. Sift the flower and cornstarch into the mixture and beat on low until just combined.
Roll the dough into 30 evenly matched balls.
Place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and  press gently with your fingers.
Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool completely.

For the filling:

 Beat the sugar, butter and lemon juice on a medium setting until incorporated. Ice one side of half the cookies top with remaining cookies to make a sandwich.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, this looks SO good. It will make a great post-conference treat. When I get home I can take a break from my pre-conference diet. LJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will be able to afford the calories after running around conference. Have a good time. May everything go well.

      Delete
  2. This is a greatt post thanks

    ReplyDelete