Okay, Listen Here

Okay, Listen Here

Monday, April 9, 2012

Home.  It's where your story begins...

Spring is the best time of year to own a home.  I love sweeping off the porch, setting out cushions on my wrought iron furniture and listening to the birds outside my windows.  Birds always seem to be happy creatures, don't they?  Flying in groups.  Sitting idle on  poles.  (Today I caught myself missing Hawk.  He used to sit on the power lines as I drove by.  Unfortunately, a tornado recently hit his prime hunting ground and has either driven him off or killed him.  I can't be sure and it's made me sad.)

It's in these earliest days of the growing season that I'm at my best, planning the garden, picturing the summer scope of foilage and the vast colorful show to come.  I know lots of work will be involved.  But I don't think about that now as I weed out the chaff and plant the new.

With every beginning, there is a middle and an end.  It's hard to believe the year is almost half-way over.  It just seems like yesterday that 2012 began and I planned my goals for the year.  When I look back on what I've accomplished so far, I see boons and pitfalls, but I KNOW I'm making strides.  It's all in perception. 


Wouldn't you like to have as much energy as the Energizer Bunny?  If you did, what would you do with your time?

No comments:

Post a Comment