I want to like this show so much that I continue to watch it every week. And there are some things that I do like about it. There are some great characters. There is some serious eye candy. The light plot lines are entertaining.
If only they had a southerner on the writing staff. Or even a consultant.
Here are the problems:
- They had a heat wave in late October that was so bad they were tripping breakers and running around wringing wet. No. Not in October. Not even in Alabama.
- The local women dress like it's the 1950's.
- These same women wear white shoes in the fall.
- And flowery hats—at night. That wouldn't happen.
- The Founder's Day parade had a float with Crimson Tide AND a War Eagle on it. The same float. Give me a break.
- There is a woman old enough to be my mother active in the Junior League. No. No. No. She would be a sustaining member. She would not work on projects, go to meetings, or hold an office.
What makes you want to stand up and scream, "Why can't you get it right?"